Silverette Nursing Cups
SILVERETTE® nursing cups are worn over the nipples, helping to prevent, protect and alleviate painful, damaged nipples from breastfeeding.
Made of 925 sterling silver, SILVERETTE® cups take advantage of the natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of silver, providing a healing environment for breastfeeding nipples. They are non-toxic, eco-friendly and so easy to use!
Simply place the cups over your nipples, using your bra and/or nursing pads to hold them into place. Wear them night and day, in between nursing sessions, until the pain/damage has resolved. If you are using them as a preventative measure, wear the cups consistently for the first 2 - 3 weeks, then as needed thereafter.
Silverette are endorsed by midwives, lactation consultants and obstetricians in NZ and around the world. And, just as importantly, have been tried, tested and loved by breastfeeding mothers all over the world.
With a little care, Silverette Nursing cups will last forever! Whether you breastfeed one child or 10, these cups will see you through your entire breastfeeding journey.
Please note, while some irritation and discomfort from breastfeeding can be expected, if you are experiencing significant nipple damage please talk to your midwife or a lactation consultant to ensure latch and positioning are correct. Silverette will help to heal any existing damage while the underlying cause is determined.
Silverette are available in two sizes - original and extra large. Sizing only affects the comfort factor for some, not the effectiveness.
Extra large is recommended as the best fit for most.
Determining your size:
- Original: Suitable for a bra size of a C cup or less and an areola size less than 4.5 cm
- Extra large: Suitable for a bra size of a C cup or more and an areola size equal to or greater than 4.5cm
- If your measurements do not fit into the above two categories then order XLto ensure maximum comfort
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding will change the size of your breasts and areolas. If your measurements are on the cusp during pregnancy, we recommend sizing up, as your breasts and areolas are likely to enlarge when your milk comes in.
- If in doubt, size up. It is better to have them slightly bigger than slightly smaller
- The original size remains a one-size-fits-most. If you are using the original size and they are working for you, you do not need to change to extra large.
Pick-up available in Auckland and Hamilton
Pick-up is available in Auckland (Orakei) and Hamilton (Beerescourt). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up, or if you need these urgently, please text Michele on 027 520 6645.